The LASA Animal Science (Transgenic) Section invites you to their second technical forum. This highly interactive meeting will open with a history of the generation of genetically altered models, before progressing into sessions dedicated to:
- History of trangenics – Doug Strathdee, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow
- Advances in CRISPR design – Katarina Boroviak, Welcome Sanger Institute, Hinxton
- Novel approaches to CRISPR delivery – Ben Davies, Welcome Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford
- Quirks of Genotyping: allele verification and founder characterisation – Gemma Codner, Medical Research Council, Harwell
- Application of ethics & the challenges of breeding with CRISPR founders – Hannah Wardle-Jones, Welcome Sanger Institute, Hinxton
Each session opens with an expert speaker before a series of short presentations from attending delegates on hot topics and refinements in the field. There will be plenty of opportunity for networking with others in the field and discussion throughout the meeting.
For further information and to register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.