Business Growth Scheme
The NC3Rs has introduced a Business Growth Scheme (BGS) where CRACK IT Challenge contractors from Two Phase and Single Phase Challenges can apply for additional support, of up to £50k (inclusive of VAT / reverse charges) for 12 months, to maximise their business strategy for near-market ready products and services.
The BGS has been designed to support the business and commercial opportunities that arise from technology developed during the Challenge. These funds will not be awarded to support further R&D work that was not completed in the Challenge period.
The BGS provides funding in line with the UK’s obligations and commitments to Subsidy Control. More information can be found in the Business Growth Scheme Guide for Participants.
The BGS is open to any CRACK IT Single Phase or Phase 2 contractor (including sub-contractors).
- Applicants must be UK, EEA, EFTA or European Union (EU)-based and from an established commercial entity.
- Only one application to the BGS, per Challenge, will be accepted.
- Applications will only be accepted following the end of Challenge presentation to the CRACK IT Advisory Panel (CAP).
- Applications are reviewed by the CAP within six weeks of the NC3Rs receiving the application.
- The BGS provides funding in line with the UK’s obligations and commitments to Subsidy Control. Further information about the UK Subsidy Control requirements can be found within the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation agreement and the subsequent guidance from the department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Agreements and awards
Prior to award, the successful applicant’s organisation signs an agreement with the NC3Rs. Up to two awards will be made each financial year.