Access to and use of both sites is provided by the NC3Rs subject to the following:
- Your use of the NC3Rs and CRACK IT websites (the websites) constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of either site.
- We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Your continued use of the sites after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Views and opinions of non-NC3Rs groups or individuals that appear on the websites do not necessarily reflect the views of the NC3Rs.
- We do not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services linked from or provided within the websites.
- The websites and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained therein are provided "as is" and on an "is available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
- In no event will we accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the use or loss of use of this site.
- We do not warrant that the service continuity of either website will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects.
We use social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to disseminate information about our work and to facilitate 3Rs networks. We reserve the right to block or decline the registration of individuals who we believe could either directly, or by association with others, undermine our use of social media.
Both websites include links to external websites that we believe provide useful information that will be of use to our users. We do not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and are not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider.
The existence of a link from any organisation's site to our websites does not imply that we endorse the activities or views of that organisation and may not be used to imply endorsement the website, related products or services, or for any other commercial purposes.
If you require descriptive text about the NC3Rs to use on your site, you may use the following:
The NC3Rs is a scientific organisation that focuses on the development, promotion and implementation of the 3Rs (replacement, reduction and refinement) in animal research and testing.
- All copyrights in the websites, including logos, illustrations, photos, sound, scripts, animation and other material appearing on the websites, otherwise known as "content", belong to the NC3Rs or third parties authorising the NC3Rs to use the copyrights.
- Users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the websites any graphic in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the NC3Rs.
- Users may download and save electronic documents, audio files and forms from the websites and print or listen to these for personal use, but such forms, files and documents remain the copyright of the NC3Rs.
The supply of any copy to a third party is permitted for their personal use provided that:
- It is acknowledged that the NC3Rs or CRACK IT web page is the source of the material including the relevant web address (www.nc3rs.org.uk or www.crackit.org.uk) in the copy of the material.
- The third party is informed that these licence conditions apply to him/her and he/she must comply with them.
- It is not supplied as part of another work or publication.
- It is not supplied directly in return for commercial gain.
Any requests to reproduce materials outside the scope of this licence should be addressed to email@example.com
Accuracy of information
We will not be liable for any losses or damage that may result from use of our websites as a consequence of any inaccuracies in, or any omissions from, the information, which it may contain.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. The information on our websites could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. However, the information may be out of date at the time of access by the visitor. We are not liable for any error or omission in, or any failure to update, the information on our sites and any decisions based on the information are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
Registering on our websites and subscribing to our newsletters
To receive NC3Rs newsletters and email updates or attend our events you must first register for a user account via the NC3Rs website. For specific information on CRACK IT, including email updates and events you must register via the CRACK IT website. You can use your login details for both the NC3Rs and CRACK IT websites.
Subscribers to our newsletters, which include the NC3Rs monthly bulletin and Tox News, agree for us to hold your email addresses and contact you for the purpose that you requested. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link included in every mail out. You may also request for your details to be permanetly removed from our subscription lists and websites at any time in accordance with our privacy policies.
CRACK IT users have access to additional features within the CRACK IT website. This additional functionality requires approval from the NC3Rs team. We reserve the right to decline requests from individuals who we believe could either directly, or by association with others, undermine this functionality.
Use of your data
Your details are held on a secure server and are only accessed by NC3Rs staff. Information is protected during transfer by use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
Your details will be kept by us until you request that they are removed and are only used by us to send information which we think may be of interest to you. We will never share your details with third parties. We may from time to time ask you to check your details to ensure that they are up-to-date.
You can read more about how we obtain, store and use your personal information and your rights in relation this on our Privacy Notice page.
Registering for events
Requests to attend our events are considered on an individual basis in line with our meeting attendance policy. We organise a wide range of scientific events where the use of animals and opportunities for the 3Rs can be critiqued and discussed, data and ideas shared, and best practice developed. Providing an open and safe environment is essential to the success of our events and ultimately their purpose in supporting the implementation of the 3Rs. We reserve the right to decline the registration of organisations and individuals whose attendance could either directly, or by association with others, undermine the success of our events.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The NC3Rs is an independent scientific organisation, tasked by Government with supporting the UK science base through the application of the 3Rs. Though it is represented legally by the Medical Research Council (“the MRC”), which is part of UK Research and Innovation, the NC3Rs is managed independently. To avoid doubt references to the NC3Rs shall mean the MRC in relation to actual legal or contractual liability, loss, right or obligation.