The Launch Event for the 2012 CRACK IT Challenges competition will be held on Wednesday 12 September 2012 in London. The aims of the event are to provide potential applicants to the 2012 CRACK IT Challenges Competition with:
- Further information on the scope of the Challenges and requirements for a successful application
- Open discussion forums with the Challenge Sponsors
- Networking opportunities with new partners to build the strongest possible team to crack a Challenge
You are encouraged to attend the launch event if you think you may be interested in submitting a solution to solve any of this year’s challenges.
The Challenges for 2012 are:
- Rodent Little Brother: Measurement of mouse activity, behaviour and interaction in the home cage (sponsored by MRC Harwell)
- ProBE IT: Determining the in vivo biodistribution properties of biological entities through the use of advanced imaging techniques (sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline)
- DRGNET: Enabling access to primary human dorsal root ganglion neurones for drug target identification and pharmacological testing (sponsored by Pfizer Neusentis)
- PreDART: Prediction of human developmental and reproductive toxicity through non-mammalian assays (sponsored by Syngenta and Shell)
- RETINAS: Refinement of techniques for intravitreal injection to avoid side effects in rabbits (sponsored by GlaxoSmithKline)
This year the Challenges are co-funded by the MRC.
The event will also mark the official opening of the application process for the Competition. It is strongly advised that at least one member of the research team for each application attend this event. Full Challenge briefs will be available by 31 July 2012. Please note that Challenges may be subject to change until this date.