Sponsor a Challenge
The NC3Rs is inviting submissions from organisations that would like to sponsor new CRACK IT Challenges. Please read the guidance below for further information on how to submit your idea or contact the CRACK IT team at email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is Friday 16 February 2024.
Challenges come from industry, academia and the charitable sectors. As Sponsor of a Challenge you will gain early end-user input to the development of new technologies that will deliver 3Rs, scientific and business impacts to your organisation and the wider scientific community.
As Sponsor you must be able to provide in-kind contributions and/or funding to support your Challenge. Contributions can include access to compound libraries, expertise, in-house studies for validation of prototypes and co-funding. See current Challenges for examples of in-kind contributions provided in previous competitions and the Sponsor roles and responsibilities document for more information.
A Challenge should be a call for a product, technology or process that:
- Will have a significant impact on the 3Rs.
- Is innovative and breaks new ground in areas where technologies would improve science and business.
- Adds value or accelerates the availability of technologies.
- Brings in new audiences/technologies.
- Has wide applicability/leads to step change.
- Ideally has significant commercial potential.
- Is focused on developing and leveraging new technologies into broader use across the bioscience sector.
- Is clearly defined so that the scope and endpoints are understood.
- Has defined deliverables so that applicants and assessors are clear as to what is expected from the Sponsors.
- Has scope for Sponsor in-kind contribution that brings genuine added value to the collaboration.
If your Challenge proposal is selected:
How to submit your Challenge
- Download and complete the 'Sponsor a Challenge' form.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are happy to explore early ideas for Challenges before submission, please contact us to discuss your idea.
Challenge submissions are considered by both independent scientific experts and the CRACK IT Advisory Panel, who will take the following criteria into consideration prior to making their final recommendations:
- Level of 3Rs impact.
- Scientific quality.
- Commercial potential/potential for broad uptake of the technology.
- Level of Sponsor input (e.g. co-funding, in-kind contributions, potential for co-Sponsors).
- Alignment with current NC3Rs portfolio and external activities.
- Low risk of Challenge not being solved.
- Time to impact.
Dates and deadlines
|Deadline for Challenge submission||16 February 2024|
|Notification of Challenge selection||April 2024|
|Deadline for Challenge Brief completion||June 2024|
|2024 Challenges Announced||July 2024|
|Two Phase Challenges||Single Phase Challenges|
|Challenges Launch event||September 2024||September 2024|
|Phase 1 application deadline||24 October 2024||-|
|Single Phase application deadline||-||31 October 2024|
|Phase 1 Review Panel meeting||November 2024|
|Single Phase Review Panel||November 2024|
|Single Phase Challenge Panel||January 2025|
|Deadline for Challenge submission||8 March 2023|
|Notification of Challenge selection||April 2023|
|Deadline for Challenge Brief completion||June 2023|
|2023 Challenges Announced||August 2023|
|Single Phase application deadline||2 November 2023|
|Single Phase Review Panel||November 2023|
|Single Phase Challenge Panel||January 2024|
|Phase 2 application deadline||June 2024|
|Phase 2 Challenge Panel meeting||July 2024|