The Cardiovascular Network is open to cardiovascular researchers from all sectors and at all career levels. The purpose of the Network is to accelerate the adoption of 3Rs approaches and facilitate collaborations across the cardiovascular research community.
Learn more on our Cardiovascular Network page.
The launch event will be chaired by Professor Chris George (University of Swansea) and will include the following sessions and presentations:
- Session 1: Introduction to the Network and cardiovascular models used across academia and industry.
- Invited presentations from Dr Manasi Nandi (Kings College London) and Dr Caroline Archer (Exscientia).
- Session 2: Showcase of NC3Rs-funded cardiovascular models.
- Invited presentations from Dr Alice Pollitt (University of Reading), Dr Sarah Jones (Manchester Metropolitan University) and Dr Andrew Leach (University of Manchester)
- Session 3: Building cardiovascular collaborations and discussing community resources.
- Invited presentation from Professor Cesare Terracciano (Imperial College London)
The final agenda will be confirmed in March. There will be opportunities to discuss potential new collaborations and showcase new technologies, including networking sessions, flash talks and poster presentations. The event is free to attend, but registration is essential.
Please note there is no hybrid option for this event. If you are interested in joining the Network but are unable to attend the in-person launch event, you can become a member of the Network online to receive future updates.
Registration deadline: Thursday 4 April 2024.
To register for the event please use the red sign in/register button at the top of this page*. You will need to have an NC3Rs website account to do this, the system will direct you to log in or sign up automatically.
*Please note that by registering for the launch event you will automatically be added to the Cardiovascular Network to receive member updates. Members can opt out at any time by unsubscribing.
Call for abstracts
The call for abstracts for poster presentations and flash talks related to the development and application cardiovascular models is now open for submission.
Abstracts should be submitted when completing the registration form. Please indicate if you are interested in presenting your poster as a flash talk using the 'additional notes' section of the form.
Abstract submission deadline: 17.00, Friday 22 March 2024.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English and should not exceed 250 words in length, excluding the title and author details.
- Abstracts should clearly state the title, authors’ names and institutional addresses with the presenting author underlined, the email address of the presenting author and whether the submission is for a poster presentation and flash talk, or poster presentation only.
- Abstracts are encouraged from researchers across all sectors and at all career stages.
- Contributors are expected to register and present their work in person. Authors will be contacted by Thursday 4 April at the latest to confirm their presentation.
- By submitting an abstract, you confirm on behalf of the co-authors that the abstract is your own original work, that you have obtained necessary permissions relating to images and data.
NC3Rs meeting policy
The meeting policy below outlines the events policy for all events that the NC3Rs is involved in, agreed by the NC3Rs board and reviewed annually.