Monday 4 – Wednesday 6 December, 12.00 – 14.00 (GMT)/13.00 – 17.00 (CET) daily
This workshop, delivered over three half-days by the CAMARADES group is free to attend for all researchers and would be particularly useful to those who have never undertaken a systematic review before.
Through a combination of lectures, practical activities and tutorials, this online workshop will focus on the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies using the freely available online platform Systematic Review Facility (SyRF).
- Understand what a systematic review is and why to perform one.
- Understand the components of a good research question.
- Understand the components of a protocol.
- Understand the importance of pre-registering your protocol and where to register.
- Learn how to develop an accurate systematic search strategy.
- Learn how to screen records for inclusion against pre-set criteria.
- Understand the steps required for data extraction including study design information and quantitative data.
- Learn how to assess studies for risk of bias and reporting.
- Learn how to conduct meta-analysis of effect size data using R.
- Understand how to report your completed systematic review.
SyRF is an online platform for researchers to perform systematic review and meta-analysis of animal studies, developed by CAMARADES using an NC3Rs infrastructure grant.