Tech3Rs is our regular newsletter providing animal technicians with the latest news from the NC3Rs. Each issue features updates on recent advances in the 3Rs and highlights new resources, research and events that we think will be of interest to animal technicians. Download the latest issue now or read on to find out more.
Each issue of Tech3Rs will be available online to download on this page. We will place a banner in our NC3Rs newsletter to alert subscribers to new editions. If you haven't done so yet, register now for the monthly NC3Rs newsletter and look out for the Tech3Rs banner every three months.
Based in the UK? We can send hard copies to your institution for free!
We will also be printing hard copies of each issue which we can post out to animal research facilities across the UK. If you would like to request hard copies for your institution, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your ideas
If you have any ideas for future issues or are working on a 3Rs approach you would like us to feature, please get in touch – we would love to hear from you!
NEW: Dedicated animal technicans hub
Further resources to help animal technicians to embed the 3Rs can be found on our dedicated animal technician hub.
- Minimising mouse aggression
- 3Rs papers of interest: environmental enrichment for pigs
- Highlights from the 2019 NC3Rs/IAT Animal Technicians' Symposium
- Spotlight on rat husbandry
- NC3Rs-sponsored session at AST 2020 (24-26 March): "New Technologies Which Advance Refinement and Science"
- PLUS a pull-out A3 poster on avoiding the reuse of needles
- Tickling rats for improved welfare
- 3Rs papers of interest: grimace scales
- 3Rs champions
- Spotlight on laboratory animal anaesthesia
- Secret Lives of Mice: our new citizen science project with MRC Harwell
- PLUS a pull-out A3 poster on our Regional Programme Managers and how they can help you advance the 3Rs
- Refinement of rat telemetry studies
- IAT Congress workshops: Fundamental concepts of experimental design
- 3Rs champions
- Spotlight on the evidence for refined mouse handling methods
- NC3Rs/IAT Animal Technicians’ Symposium (2 October 2019)
- PLUS our celebration of animal technicians for the IAT's Animal Technologist Month
- Shaping the future of amphibians in research
Recent papers on zebrafish welfare
Spotlight on guinea pig husbandry
- Upcoming events
- PLUS a pull-out A3 poster highlighting the resources available on our animal technicians' hub
- Mouse aggression study
- Mouse handling made easy
- CRACK IT Solutions
- Highlights from the NC3Rs blog
- 3Rs papers of interest